Thursday 24 March 2005

still in a daze...

I GOT THE JOB!!!

still can't believe it! n so fast too! actually i took another 1/2 day off today to go for my other interview. but i dun think they'll consider me, coz my expected salary is too high.

neeways, after the interview, i went to 1Utama to wait for my clgs to finish work, coz we wanted to have a farewell dinner for one of my clgs. was just walking ard aimlessly when i got a call from the marketing manager. he told me that he's read my write-up and obviously they liked it. "i've never seen anything like it". hahahaha... actually after sending it out yesterday, i thought maybe it'll be a tad too childish for them! so was kinda worried a little... looks like i've been worrying for nothing!

so the marketing manager said a contract has been couriered out to me from terengganu (their plant there), but it contained some errors... so asked me to just ignore the errors, as they'll be sending me a new contract. anyway, they're offering me a 2 year contract and after that, they'll propose to the mother company to make me a permanent staff. but my contract comes with the usual benefits enjoyed by permanent staff such as annual leave and medical coverage. forgot to ask abt epf though. will remember to ask later.

oh, did i mention that this is a subsidiary company for a petroleum company in m'sia? we (ahem! it's WE now. kekeke...) export materials for making plastic to countries like south africa, china etc. the office is located on the 14th floor of a certain tower in klcc. luckily i'm not the superstitious type (14 - sat sei [sure die]). but just to be safe, TOUCH WOOD!! or the more chinese method, CHOY!! hehehe...

n they're expecting me to report for work on the 16th of april (that's another error, as 16th of april is a saturday). i think they want me to join them b4 the current corporate com gal leaves, so that i'd get to learn something from her n to 'inherit' the job from her. but i need to give 1 month's notice at my current company, so i'd have to utilize my remaining annual leave days. which means i won't get any break in between the job transition.

but here comes the best part. they offered me RM200 more than my expected salary!!! now which crazy company would do that kinda thing? so happy to hear that! hmm... could it be because i mentioned abt the expensive parking n food at klcc in my write-up? either that or they're expecting me to work like hell!

anyway, the marketing manager told me there's a corporate com training coming up in may n he's arranged for me to attend. great huh?

so now the worries... to drive to work? take lrt? pack lunch to work? eat out? dress code? n gosh, their working hours ia from 8-5. 8am!!! normally i'll still be sleeping at this hour! this is something i'd need to get used to, as my current company starts work at 10. need to adjust my biological clock. ah well, we can't get everything perfect.

really need to thank t for forwarding me that e-mail. she's asking for lobster... hahaha... hey t, no problemo!

13 comments:

lotsachi said...

wow! congratulations! will u treat me when i get back? ermmm...i want buffet, dim sum buffet ;)

so happy for u! hhmmm, u can try asking haymin (remember her? one of the hay sisters ;P) where does she normally have lunch, she works around there too. or, ermmm...take the lrt to pasar seni, have lunch at petaling street ;)

Biow said...

Congrats!! u go girl!

stargal said...

thanks, peeps!

dim sum buffet, chi? u forgot i dun take pork leh... nvm, i can sapu all the prawns! kekeke... call me when u get home! miss u!

haymin is which one ar? eldest or 2nd one? die lar, forgot di.

Biow said...

hay ee is the younger one.. err.. issit the same hay sisters i know?

Anonymous said...

Happy for you!! All the best in the new job. Next time I can find you for lunch as i always hang around in klcc during working time..hehe..:p

stargal said...

hay ee? nvr heard of her... only know they have another younger sis in kote', hay yen.

sc, is that u? yeah yeah, MUST look for me for lunch when u're there... coz i think i'd mostly survive on bread (rotiboy!) there... my another fren also same line as u, also always hang out at klcc wan. she's promised to belanja me japanese food di, then claim company! kekeke...

lotsachi said...

aiya...haymin is the 2nd (of the 3 hays in kote' :P).

anyway, rotiboy could be kinda 'fatty', u know. not to mention, makanan tak seimbang! :P isshhh, u want cheaper, u bring your own lunch to work ;) i'm sure your office has a microwave!

yea, i want the dim sum. ermmm, don't know when can be back.

i just came back from NYC. whoaaa...i felt so much at home! there's sooooo many people, and also good-looking people ;) many asians. u know what, i saw robin williams at starbucks at times square!!! when i realized, i already 'blended' in with the crowds...

lotsachi said...

opppsss...
i mean, when i realized, HE already 'blended' in with the crowds...

stargal said...

*sigh... since oredi fat, it's ok lar... i think i'm predestined to be fat lar. so dun have to worry so much abt body weight. kekeke...

bring own lunch? office starts at 8, i have to leave house at 7. so what time u expect me to wake up to prepare my lunch??? 5am? hahaha... tak kuasa lar...

Biow said...

i posted a reply to ur comment.. but in case, u tak baca, here i tampal my comment:

btw, u can freeze.. so u eat mabbe twice a week.. for the other 3 days, u can do egg mayo sandwich, chicken mayo sandwich, tuna, etc?

u can use different type of breads so that not jelak! like focaccia, croissant, baguette.. buy from delifrance?

all the best!

lotsachi said...

yea, i agree with biow.

or else u can tapao fried rice or anything from hawker/kopitiam nearby the night before... store them nicely in fridge with good tupperware (make sure ur tupperware can be microwaved). in the morning, u just grab and go! ;) this is so common here, u know? 90% of people here store the food away, then microwave...whenever. :)

stargal said...

ooo... ok... actually i thought of that too! hehehe... so now just gotta find out if my new office has a microwave! thanks for the idea ppl!

lotsachi said...

eh, sama-sama... 'mou hak hei'...

i just wanna make sure u have (save) enough money to treat me buffet...to treat your friend lobster...to set aside money for travel (remember i'm STILL in US?)...to start saving for your kid(s)' education...bla bla bla. hahaha! ;)