Tuesday 16 June 2009

i heart my new toy!

a few weeks ago, my phone started acting up. no, it's not an excuse to change phone. that phase of me wanting to get the most updated phone is over. i just want a decent device to make calls, receive sms, check mails on the go and maybe play some music when i'm bored. if the camera quality is good, then it's a bonus, but not a must!

anyway, i noticed that my phone battery kept running out and can't last even one day... i'll need to charge it at least twice a day! at first i thought it's a battery problem, coz the device is nearly 2 years old. so i went to get myself a new battery (original one some more!).

while at the phone shop, the shop person was so impressed with the condition of my phone. he said it's still so new and was amazed with my ability to keep it so well-preserved. actually this is not the first time phone shop assistants (and humans in general!) have expressed their amazement at the condition of all my phones... hehee... i just take real good care of my phones! neeways, this phone shop assistant asked me to trade in my phone to get a new model, coz he really likes the my model. he made me an offer that is much higher than the market price for 2nd hand phones, but i declined coz dun wanna waste money to change phone when my phone is still in perfect working order (or so i thought lar). before i leave, he reminded me again that in the future if i wish to change phone, i should trade in my phone to him coz he'd still be interested.

however, my battery problem persisted. it's then that i realized that the phone has turned into a battery vampire! shucks... wasted my RM75 for the original battery!

thus begins my search for a new phone... i've been out of touch with the latest phone developments, so i was at a lost as to what model to get. i know i'll probably stick to nokia, unless there are other brands that are good enough (in every aspect, including the price!) to entice me. so i asked around... the boss suggested samsung omnia, but that was beyond my budget. then he suggested nokia n63, but i didn't like the qwerty keyboard thingy. then biow suggested iphone 3g, saying it's SO me... hehe... i know, i like iphone 3g too! it's like the epitome of total coolness! but again, it's not within my budget lar. gone are the days where i'll spend a bomb on phones, coz their value depreciates so fast! then the x suggested nokia 5800xm. hmm... it looks good, cool in fact. and its specs looks good too... after more research, this seems like THE ONE for me!




so last sunday, i traipse over to the phone shop again and got it. after trading in my nokia 6110 navigator, the final price is a steal!

today is my day 2 of using it, and i'm discovering it's various nuances bit by bit. being a nokia user, most of the functions are quite standard. we know where everything is and how most things work... but it didn't stop there.

i'll not bore everyone with the full features of this phone. if you wish to know more, go google for it lar. but i just love the touch screen and the auto rotate function. it's very responsive and user friendly. i also love it's blinking notification light. means if there's a miss call or sms, the notification light will go blink-blink... blink-blink... and then we'll know. we don't need to keep unlocking our phone to check. it's obvious the ppl at nokia are phone users.

well, if i have any grouse at all for this phone, it'll be the material it's made of. unlike my previous phone, which has some aluminium in the housing, this 5800xm is fully plastic. what more, it's the kind of plastic that gets oily easily, at the slightest touch! and i hate finger prints on my phones! other than that, i'd say it's by far the best nokia i've owned! *happy*

read also:
1) i finally got broadband!
2) earliest birthday present ever!

4 comments:

Biow said...

OMG.. OMG.. *screaming*

my current phone is behaving EXACTLY like your old phone!

i barely talk to my mom for 10min, low battery signal.. and then shutdown by itself!

i'm also looking for a hp now..

and EM JUST, i swear, recommended me this Nokia 5800!!!!

stargal said...

OMG! OMG! biow, go get it! see, all the geeks are recommending it... so must be a good phone lar... (EM, if u happen to be reading this, this is meant as a compliment :P)

Mona said...

wooooo....ur new toy!!! :)

stargal said...

mon, hehe... yeah, it's a nice phone... :)