Monday 3 January 2005

i bought my skates!

at last, i went ahead n got it, a Risport RF4 model... but the price hiked! my frens got it at RM550, but i had to pay RM600 for it. the fella who sold it to me said they have to raise the price coz the exchange rate for pounds went up. shucks!

anyway, i have not sold my piano yet. but i can't wait anymore. the more advanced i get in skating, the more i'll be used to the skates provided by the rink. so i have to start getting used to my own skates b4 i get 'too attached' to the rink skates. even today, after getting my skates, i went for practice with it. gosh! i feel as if i can't skate anymore! the blades are so sharp compared to the rink skates that it took me sometime to get the hang of it. even so, i still can't skate as well as with the rink skates. still a bit awkward with it. and as with some new shoes, it'll hurt when we wear it for the first few times. so i need to bear with the pain for a few lessons b4 it gets seasoned out. hmm... now i kinda regret waiting until now to get it. first is the price hike, then it's the getting used to. now i feel as if i need to relearn all my steps!

well, every pleasure comes with a price. guess i'll have to survive on bread n water this month. but i won't let it dampen my spirit. still pretty excited abt my new skates!

*for those of u who's wondering, i paid by cash, not charge it on credit. so dun worry abt my debts, but my empty stomach!




7 comments:

HuEi said...

Cool..nice pair os skating shoes.. way to go ger !!

lotsachi said...

nice skates. however, if you buy it online, will it be cheaper? if you had asked me to buy for you first, have it send to me and i'll mail it to you, will it be cheaper? i saw some skates at ebay... and amazon... but then of course, so many places to go look for. have you done enough research? hhmmmmm...

Anonymous said...

Biow:
i kaypo'ed with one shop in sg.. said that the RF4 is SGD280 (=myr646.24).. so urs is a good buy.. provided it comes in a package? the man told me, dunno got a bag, a dunno what lace, a cloth, dunno what else.. is urs the same?

and from other UK website, it is £95.00 (=myr687.33).. so, shd be happy?

stargal said...

yeah, i did some researches... it's all more expensive than RM600... but it's just basic, no bag or cloth... with normal lace... aiya, nvm lar. too late now, bought it oredi wat ;Þ

Anonymous said...

Biow:
yea.. good buy i wd say.. and i read that it's one of the best skating shoes! wow

stargal said...

yeah, it was recommended by my coach as well as the dealer. i think every beginner (who bought the skates) in the pyramid bought this model.

lotsachi said...

ooo...then, good for you. :)